Our customers seeking heating and air conditioning repair service in Raleigh NCand the surrounding areas often ask, “Is there a rule of thumb for how many energy is saved between summer and winter by raising and lowing the set-point?”
Here’s our simple answer: “Save MONEY on every DEGREE.”
Energy savings are typically 2-4% for each one degree difference in thermostat settings within a 24 hour period. Therefore, you can estimate your savings by changing the set-point during unoccupied periods in which the prorate charge is simply the percentage based on the number of hours of setback and setup. Here’s an example:
If you raise the cooling set-point by 10 degrees for 12 hours, the estimated savings would be anywhere between 10-20%. How is this calculated?
2%/degree * 10 degrees * 12 hours/24 hours = 10% savings
4%/degree * 10 degrees * 12 hours/24 hours = 10% savings
Remember that these are percentages of your electrical use not of your overall electric bill total.
Also, keep in mind that your savings is reflective of your climate. Milder climates offer greater savings in comparison to harsher climates and, of course, you may see variations in savings depending on other factors such as insulation.
Do you have questions or looking for heating and “air conditioning repair Raleigh NC“ ? Contact us or comment below !
In Part 1, we discussed the first five steps in finding a reputable air conditioning repair service in Raleigh NC. This included asking for referrals, searching online, and reading reviews for air conditioning repair in Raleigh. Let’s continue with our last three steps in finding excellent air conditioning repair services in Raleigh NC.
6. Top 3 Interviews: From your search results, choose two to three companies that you feel will meet your air conditioning repair needs in Raleigh NC. Call each company to discuss the following:
a. Problem: Describe the problem and allow them to answer and troubleshoot. Do they appear to have sound knowledge and ability based on their response?
b. Timeline: Are they available soon? If they can’t come within a couple of days, it’s time to move to the next company. Revisit your search for air conditioning repair Raleigh NC.
c. Pricing: How much are their services? Is this acceptable?
d. Guarantee: Do they provide a warranty for their work? Keep in mind that most companies provide a 30-day labor and part warranty. Some companies also refill Freon; however, if there is a Freon leak, it is hard to determine the size.
Once you have filtered the answers, you should be able to make a sound decision on which company to hire for your air conditioning repair in Raleigh. Make sure that the service technician arrives on time or calls when they are on their way as their schedules may allow them to come earlier or, in some instances, later due to a delay.
7. Follow-Up: After the job is complete, if you have follow-up questions for the company and they are more than willing to answer the questions, then you have found a top-notch repair service. Make sure to take note of this outstanding air conditioning repair service in Raleigh.
8. Complete Service: In #7 when you call the service, if they remember your name, consider this a gold star! Save their phone number and be sure to refer their services to others in need for air conditioning repair in Raleigh, NC.
Here’s to hoping these suggestions help you in finding the best air conditioning repair services in Raleigh NC to meet your needs. Do you have any suggestions or additions to the list?
Has your air conditioning ever gone out and you needed it repaired but didn’t know who to call? Here are 8 simple steps to help you find reliable and reputable air conditioning repair services in Raleigh NC.
1. Referrals: Ask your friends, neighbors and coworkers for referrals. Everyone, at some point or another, has had trouble with their air conditioners. Through their experience, they may be able to recommend a trustworthy and reliable resource for you.
2. Research: Use search engines like Google to find more information on your topic. Use keywords such as “air conditioning repair in Raleigh” or “air conditioning repair Raleigh NC” for the best results. When Google provides you a list of results, use the next steps to determine their ability.
3. Be Cautious: Do not put complete trust in the advertisements, more commonly known as Google Adwords. These are paid results that are not based on fact. Whenever the sites provide payment, the ads are featured, which means that their validity is questionable. It is also a good practice to remain cautious of these ads.
4. Trust Organic: Place more trust in organic search results as these, in most cases, are more reliable as they are not paying for placement. Although Google does not distinguish valid from invalid or scams from organic results, the search engine does filter the best results.
5. Reviews: Read company reviews through 3rd party sites such as Yelp, Yellow Pages… Be aware of long detailed reviews or extremely short reviews. Always check the company website for client comments and feedback; however, as mentioned previously, always be cautious of the legitimacy of these reviews.